WHEN & WHERE: 13-15 October, 2023 at MIA International Audiovisual Market - Rome (Italy)
Green Film Lab promotes environmentally sustainable practices in film production and guides film professionals through how to apply a green protocol and get a certification.
Along the year, Green Film Lab proposes a number of 3-day workshops held in different European regions, addressed to film and series industry professionals, as well as to sustainability consultants.
Through a practical, project-based and hands-on approach, participants will learn how to apply the current best practices in terms of energy-saving, transport, accommodation, catering, set decoration, waste management, recycling and communication. On top of that, they will network with other regional and European professionals who share their interest in sustainability.
GREEN FILM LAB at MIA Market in ROME
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 4th September 2023, 2:00 p.m. CET
In collaboration with MIA International Audiovisual Market
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Film Lab is a programme by TorinoFilmLab and Green Film, organised by National Museum of Cinema and Trentino Film Commission, in collaboration with EAVE. The programme is realised thanks to the support of Creative Europe - MEDIA Sub-programme of the European Union.
- Film and series industry professionals involved in the pre-production and production stages, interested in getting and improving their skills in sustainable practices on set.
The workshop is open to producers or other professionals from the production team*, heads of department, writers, directors with or without a project.
- Professionals with at least two years of experience in the field of environmental management interested in learning how an audiovisual production is carried out, how to apply their skills to the audiovisual context and who want to build a professional network in the film and series industry.
- Delegates from Funds, Film Commissions, Film Institutions interested in knowing more about sustainability on set.
* line producer/production manager /delegate producer
We especially welcome applications from professionals who live in Italy and the nearby region and professionals who will shoot in Italy.
Applicants must confirm their full availability to attend the sessions and must read in advance the projects materials that will be sent by TFL.
The working language of workshops, meetings and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential to participate and all written material, all versions and drafts of the project, must be translated.
Workshop participation fee: 300 Euro (+ VAT, if due) per person.
The training and meals are covered during the workshop, participants must cover their travel and accommodation costs.
Friday and Saturday : workshop sessions from 9 am to 6.30 pm followed by a networking dinner
Sunday: workshop sessions from 9 am to 4 pm
Schedule may be subject to change
Professionals applying WITHOUT a project:
1) Professional bio – 1 page max
2) Motivation letter (specifying previous actions in sustainability, if any) – 1 page max
3) Applicants and project main data - for communication purposes
4) High-res photograph (1 MB approx.) for each participant
In addition, professionals applying WITH a project must present:
5) Detailed budget (Euro)
6) Financial Plan
7) Confirmed crew details
8) Detailed development and production and shooting timetable
9) Synopsis – 1 page max
10) Treatment – 15 pages max in English (or analogue document, according to the type of project), to be attached as last element, at the end of the dossier. If selected, a script in English should be available.
The requested materials must be submitted all together in 1 single PDF (10 MB max.), 12 font, 1,5 line spacing and all in English.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Click on the "APPLY NOW" button on top of the page to access the application form and submit your candidature (before starting the application process, you need to create an account on the TFL platform). It is one application per professional.
MIA, International Audiovisual Market, is a market event based in Roma (Italy) at its ninth edition in 2023 from October 9th to 13th. A hotbed of discussion, debate, and confrontation among the most important international executives, MIA is a destination for the global film and audiovisual ecosystem, conceived as a curated market, a physical and digital space for feature-length films (fiction, animation, and documentary), as well for series (drama, documentary, factual and animation). Today, MIA is the most important industry event in Italy and is one of the must-attend international events focused on co-production, financing strategies and models, sales and distribution of finished works, content showcase, works in progress, talent, and IPs circulation. With a focus on European and international film, drama, animation, doc and factual entertainment scenes, MIA offers a wide range of specific programs, featuring: dedicated Co-production Market and Pitching Forums, Content Showcases, Works in Progress, Market Screenings, tailored Networking Activities as well as an impressive line-up of Conferences, tackling the latest and hottest topics among industry insiders. MIA has gained throughout the years a continuous interest from European and international professionals: top decision-makers, international distributors, networks, sales, agents, and platforms discuss at MIA the opportunities and challenges of audiovisual production and distribution in today’s international content paradigm.
For more info about MIA: www.miamarket.it/en/
All the updates once a month in your mailbox, subscribe to the TFL newsletter.