Targeting 20 TV Series project at an early development stage.
The development of TV Series requires a mix of creativity and genuine sense of team spirit between writers, story editors and other stakeholders such as producers and broadcasters.
The aim of the workshop is to offer to international professionals the tools necessary to develop their own original and ambitious TV Series projects.
The workshop is concept-based, which means that participants exclusively work on the concept of the TV series project (In this regard concept means the series premise, overall plot, and the specifications of the main characters). In the case of projects based on novels, short stories or other literary works, applicants must present a secured option for the work they wish to adapt.
The workshop is divided into 2 development sessions:
- a first 5 day-long session, where participants discuss their work in group sessions and one-on-one meetings with their tutors
- then, participants have 3 weeks to rework their materials
- a second 2 day-long session, where participants share and discuss their work again in individual meetings with their mentors and group sessions with other participants.
20 TV Series projects at an early development stage presented by international scriptwriters or writers/directors together with a producer (if on board) will be selected and divided into 5 groups.
The participants will work on their concept alongside peers and a tutor with a substantial international experience as a script consultant, implementing the fundamental techniques and skills necessary to develop and produce successful TV Series.
Thanks to TFL Next's global experience, the participants will have the chance to develop a strong international network: on top of the script sessions and meeting with industry representatives, participants will gather during special online events aimed at exchanging skills and finding productive collaborations.
Friday, 30th June 2023
1st session: 11th - 15th September 2023
2nd session: in the week from 09th to 13th October 2023
1,700 Euro (+ VAT, if due) per team of participants (max 2 participants).
Upon selection, participants must send a proof of the payment within the following 2 days to confirm their seat.
TorinoFilmLab doesn’t foresee any scholarships for this workshop. In many countries, public institutions provide scholarships for this kind of training, and TorinoFilmLab can provide a selection letter in order to facilitate the request.
The online workshop is open to international professional scriptwriters, directors and producers. The application can be submitted individually or in team (maximum 2 participants per team) and must be linked to a TV Series project at early development stage, which will be developed during the workshop.
The working language of all workshops, meetings and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
The requested application materials – to be submitted all together in one PDF and all in English – are:
- Project logline (2 lines max, font dimension 14, no specific font is requested) - please note that this logline will be used for communication purpose and to announce the eventual selection of the project in the programme
- Concept presentation (7,500 characters spaces included, font dimension 14, no specific font is requested)
- 3 pages max with: the CV of all project team members, a link (with NO password) to previous work (30’ max), a link (with NO password) to 1’ video presentation (it must include all the project team members)
- Materials informing about the audio-visual approach (still pictures, video mood board, etc. – optional).
Please note that applicants based in Switzerland and in the Flemish Region can also have the chance to benefit of a scholarship on the total fee, thanks to the support of our Partners FOCAL (Fondation de formation continue pour le cinéma et l'audiovisuel) and VAF (Flanders Audiovisual Fund). More information will be provided in case of selection.
Click on "APPLY NOW!" to access the application form and submit your candidature (before starting the application process, you need to create an account on the TFL platform).
In the application form, candidates will also be asked to fill out a questionnaire about the status of their project.
Applications that don’t respect the above-listed criteria will be rejected!
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with
All the updates once a month in your mailbox, subscribe to the TFL newsletter.