WHEN & WHERE: 10 - 12 March 2023. Dublin, Ireland
- Teams of 2 people (both from the production team* or one from the production team and one Head of Department), presenting a fiction feature film or documentary project in pre-production, who are willing to make their audiovisual production more sustainable and improve their skills on how to work on environmentally friendly sets.
- Sustainability managers (professionals with at least two years of experience in the field of environmental management), interested in learning how an audiovisual production is carried out and how to apply their skills to the audiovisual context.
- Professionals from the production team*, interested in getting and improving their skills in sustainable practices on set.
*producer/line producer/production manager/unit production manager/delegate producer
We especially welcome applications from professionals who live in Ireland and the nearby region, professionals who got support from Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland and/or who will shoot in Ireland.
Applicants must confirm their full availability to attend the session.
The working language of workshops, meetings and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential to participate and all written material, all versions and drafts of the project, must be translated.
The workshop is realised in collaboration with Screen Ireland/Fís Éireann.
The workshop is free of charge.
The training and meals are covered during the workshop, participants must cover their travel and accommodation costs.
Thursday evening: welcome aperitif
Saturday and Friday: from 9 am to 6.30 pm followed by a networking dinner
Sunday: from 9 am to 3 pm followed by a wrap-up lunch
Schedule may be subject to change
For professionals applying without a project:
The requested materials – to be submitted all together in 1 single PDF (10 MB max.), 12 font, 1,5 line spacing and all in English – are:
1) Professional bio – 1 page max
2) Motivation letter (specifying previous actions in sustainability, if any) – 1 page max
3) Applicants and project main data - for communication purposes
4) High-res photograph (1 MB approx.) for each participant
Plus, for professionals applying with a project:
5) Detailed budget (Euro)
6) Financial Plan
7) Confirmed crew details
8) Detailed development and production and shooting timetable
9) Synopsis – 1 page max
10) Treatment – 15 pages max in English (or analogue document, according to the type of project), to be attached as last element, at the end of the dossier. If selected, a script in English should be available.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the epidemic of Covid-19 and any possible mutation of it, we draw your attention to the fact that TorinoFilmLab may have to cancel the residential workshop(s) or to postpone it to another date for responding to the recommendations of health and government organizations. In such a case, TorinoFilmLab will notify the participants of its decision without delay. In case of cancellation, the sessions will be held online.
All the updates once a month in your mailbox, subscribe to the TFL newsletter.