Advanced training course aimed at TV series projects at an early development stage.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS: professional international scriptwriters, writer-directors and producers. The course is aimed at drama series projects at an early development stage.
DURATION: The program takes place over a period of approx. 5 months, from September 2023 to early 2024, and foresees three 5-day long residential workshops (September, November, and early 2024). The course ends up with a final industry pitching presentation in early 2024.
FEE: 3,000 Euro (+ VAT, if due) per team (1 or 2 participants).
DEADLINE: Friday, 31st March 2023, 12:00 p.m. CET (noon).
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SeriesLab is open to professional scriptwriters or writer-directors, preferably - but not necessarily - with a creative producer attached to the project. Each participant can submit only 1 project, individually or in a team of two members; in exceptional cases, a third participant (co-writer, director or attached producer) can join by paying an additional fee.
All the applicants must confirm their availability for the workshops and the final presentation.
The programme is open to both original concepts and adaptations; in this second case, the team must have secured the rights for the original material.
Candidates must send a concept for fiction TV series – mini (limited) series and multiple-season series are also acceptable. Concepts for documentary series projects will not be accepted.
The working language of all SeriesLab workshops, meetings, and events is English; thus, a good knowledge of English is essential in order to participate.
The requested materials – to be submitted all together in one PDF – are:
- logline (2 lines maximum)
- updated CV for each participant (2 pages maximum, per CV)
- concept presentation (7,500 characters, spaces included)
- pilot step outline structured in bullet points:
a) if the pilot is a half-hour format (under 44 minutes), the outline must be 25 points maximum and 7.500 characters (spaces included)
b) if the pilot is a one-hour-format (between 45 and 60 minutes), the outline must be between 35 and 45 points maximum and 10,000 characters (spaces included)
- producer’s letter of interest (if the project has a producer attached, this document is mandatory)
- audiovisual approach documents (mood board, etc.), if available
- short presentation of each applicant for communication purposes (including the information listed HERE)
- high-res photograph (1 MB approx.) of each applicant
- a short video introduction (2 mins maximum), in which the applicants explain, in their opinion which are the most important selling points of their project and why an audience should be interested in watching the series. The video should be uploaded on YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive. The video’s link - and password, if necessary - should be included in the application package.
The material must be redacted using font Courier, 12 points.
Submitted materials should be in English or have English subtitles/translations.
Click on the "APPLY NOW!" button in the right-side column of this page to access the application form. Before starting the application process, you need to create an account on the TFL platform.
DEADLINE: Friday, 31st March 2023, 12.00 p.m. CET (noon)
Course participation fee: 3,000 Euro (+ VAT, if due) per team (1 or 2 participants)*. A third participant (co-writer, director or attached producer) can join in exceptional cases, with an additional cost of 2,000 Euro (+ VAT, if due).
* This amount covers workshop training, online sessions, accommodation, and subsistence during the workshops. Participants must pay travel costs. In many countries scholarships are available for this training.
The selected projects of SeriesLab must indicate TorinoFilmLab support in the opening and closing credits, by displaying the TorinoFilmLab logo and the caption “The project has been developed during SeriesLab”.
1st residential workshop: 14th - 19th September (Georgia)
2nd residential workshop: 9th - 14th November (Belgium)
3rd residential workshop, final presentation and meetings: February 2024, Berlin (dates TBC)
All the updates once a month in your mailbox, subscribe to the TFL newsletter.